Mac users prefer using Safari over chrome for many reasons. It is more energy-efficient, provides you with better security and goes well with the Apple ecosystem. With that being said, it is common for people to have needs that require a customized browsing experience and since Safari no longer supports most of the plug-ins available, it leaves users with no choice but to use Safari extensions. In this guide, we will lay out the top 7 trending safari extensions that can enhance your browsing experience and increase your working efficiency.
Honey is a free browser extension that helps you thrift when you are shopping online. It offers exclusive discount options to its users and also uses a rating system that awards redeemable gold rewards with every transaction you make through it. Once you have downloaded the honey extension, it will start searching for the best coupons for the retailer’s website you are on and apply the codes at checkout. There are more than 40,000 companies from different industries like fashion, electronics and travel who are in collaboration with Honey. Using Honey on your Safari browser can save you a lot of money and keep you updated on the latest deals offered by the brands.
1Password is included in almost every list of trending safari extensions because of its amazing usability. There are a lot of things 1Passowrd can do for you.
- It can generate strong passwords that can be used when you are creating business profiles on different websites.
- It saves all your passwords in one place that you can access from any device by simply signing in.
- Gives you a list of all the websites where you have entered the same password
- Gives out data break alerts
- Can handle different types of data like username, passwords, addresses and billing details
Unfortunately, 1Passowrd doesn’t come free. You have to pay an annual subscription fee to use 1Password. However, you can get a free 14-day trial to see the features and decide if you want it.
Relax your eyes when browsing in a dark room with this highly trending safari extension. Unlike other dark mode extensions, Noir does not make it hard to read the on-screen text by destroying the color grading. It is a trending safari extension for several reasons;
- It generates custom dark mode for every website which means the highlights and contrasts remain intact and it doesn’t darken the websites that already have the dark mode enabled.
- There is a higher degree of user freedom with Noir. Users can decide the websites they want Noir to run on or if they want Noir to run at all.
- It’s a one-time purchase extension and has no subscription renewals or add-ons.
Price blink falls in the same category as Honey. Both of these extensions work as shopping assistants and save you bucks. However, PriceBlink does more than just find the discount coupons. It searches the internet and fetches the best prices for the desired product. It is a trending safari extension among the users who seek the best online shopping deals. When you are looking at a product online, PriceBlink scans thousands of other websites for lower prices and alerts you if it finds one. PriceBlink has more than 11,000 merchants on board and works on popular stores like Amazon, eBay and Walmart. With PriceBlink added to your Safari, you can make sure that you are buying your products at the best possible price.
Online advertising has increased exponentially over the past few years. While some ads might be useful to you, most of them are just there to annoy you and affect your browsing experience. Adblock plus is a trending safari extension that blocks the websites you visit to monitor your online activities. It not only results in the blocking of ads but also keeps your data and device safe from malware. With a little knowledge, you can also create custom filters using AdBlock that only let the relevant ads pass through. You can also opt-in to show no ads at all but it is recommended to let the relevant ads pass through since these ads help the website to generate revenue and keep its content free for the users.
If you read a lot of content online, GoodLinks can be really handy for you. GoodLinks has several features which put it among the trending safari extensions;
- It improves readability by removing all the ads and other distractions from a web page.
- It is extremely compatible with iOS.
- You can organize a large list of web articles by tagging them appropriately
- Comes with both light and dark themes
- Seamless synchronization of the content
- You can customize how your list looks by changing the way it looks and altering swipe behavior.
Mate allows you to effortlessly translate web pages and other documents from more than 100 languages. It can be really handy if you have overseas clients who do not have English as their native language. You can write them emails, business proposals and reports in their native language to ensure effective communication. Given below are some unique features that make Mate a better translator than others:
- With mate, you can get the pronunciations and save the phrases you frequently use.
- A higher degree of translating accuracy is obtained using Mate
- Full-on reference is provided for the desired words
- Works with 103 languages including English, Spanish, German, French, Chines, Japanese and Arabic.
Looking for Something else?
If you are unable to find the extension that fits your needs, you can get one developed by pubGENIUS. We have a team of expert extension developers providing custom web solutions to our clients all around the US. You can schedule a consultation with one of our experts and discuss your case.